Grilled Peaches with Crisp Topping
The peaches strong flavor is so great with ales that I am surprised that I dont see it in more beer recipes. Here we are taking simple peaches putting some nice char on them and topping it off with a great oat based crisp topping. The most splendid end to a great summer meal.
Bar Harbor Brewing Company makes a great peach ale. Something worth trying with this dish for obvious reasons. It is a little light with a great flavor, high acidity which is nice with the rich topping.
-5 lbs of fresh peaches
-3 sticks of butter, room temp
-3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
-1 1/4 cups of oats
-1 tsp of allspice
1. Halve all of your peaches and remove the pits from each. I like to toss the peach halves with a little brandy at this point but that is optional.
2. Get your grill on a steady flame. Make sure your grates are nice and hot before you place the peaches on the grill or you will wind up with peach mush without the nice char.
3. While the grill heats up you can make your crisp by mixing the remaining ingredients together in a bowl. It helps to get your butter room temp as it will all come together easier.
4. Once you grill is hot lay the peaches cut side down for about 2 minutes. Check one for marks. If it is fine than flip the next. Once you have your peaches on the round side top with a nice mound of the topping and close the grill.
5. After about 3 more minutes open the grill and the peaches should be finished. I like to serve them with vanilla ice cream.