A new twist on an old favorite Beer Floats!
Root beer floats are old time family favorite and thought of as a childhood treat. There is however a way to update and upgrade this old time favorite to an adult specialty. Beer Floats! I suggest premium vanilla ice cream (chocolate ice cream works as well) and Youngs Double Chocolate Stout, which is luxurious and decedent with a malty chocolate hint. Tasty without being overly sweet and the perfect companion to premium vanilla ice cream in a beer float.
-1 bottle of Youngs Double Chocolate Stout
-1 pint of premium vanilla ice cream
-1 shot of bourbon (Makers Mark)
1. Fill one quarter of a pint glass with Youngs Double Chocolate Stout
2. Add 1 large scoop of premium vanilla ice cream
3. Pour another quarter of Youngs Chocolate Stout into the glass
4. Add one more scoop of vanilla ice cream
5. Finish with another pour of beer until it makes a frothy head
6. Serve immediately with a side shot of Kentucky bourbon. My favorite, Markers Mark.
Surprisingly yummy, this updated treat is simple to make. A great desert and sure to wow.